Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tap, tap, tap...testing?

Hi blogfriends!
At this point, I'd be surprised if there are any of you out there since my posting schedule has been so erratic (read: nonexistent) lately. I promise that this won't become the new normal, but I hope you'll bear with me for the time being. There are lots of reasons for my delinquency - none of which are really good enough, but one of which looks a little like this:


That's right, you're looking at Chicago pizza...because by the time most of you read this, I'll be on my way out of town. I'll be spending a few days visiting family - and hopefully eating lots of tasty things that I'll eventually get to blog about.

My other excuses are less delicious, and a lot less cheesy. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Matt is gearing up for another all-expenses-paid trip to Afghanistan, courtesy of the U.S. Army. This will be his third deployment, and while we still have a few months before he leaves, his pre-deployment activities have been in full swing since February.

Practically speaking, this means lots of nights out in the field (for him), a second helping of the single girl life (for me), and lots of stumbling over a growing pile camouflaged-colored stuff (for both of us). It also means a lot less cooking and baking - especially since Matt will be gone for all of the next four weeks. I've been trying to keep things exciting in the kitchen, but it's all too easy to get into a rut - especially when it now takes me 3-4 tries to finish each meal!

Our final excuse is a bit more celebratory - Matt and I are moving into a bigger place! We've been waiting for this for almost a year, so while I don't relish the idea of packing up all our things right before a deployment, I'm excited about the prospect of settling in a bigger - and brighter - space. I can't tell you how excited I'll be to have more natural light  - no more struggling to get photos in front of our single accessible window!

So you see, there's something good in this for you guys, after all...you know, just in case these gratuitously cheese-covered photos aren't enough...



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh my - you have a lot more on your plate than deep dish Chicago style pizza (which looks delectable, btw). Congrats on the new place, and boohoo on your sweetie's deployment, yet again. Thank him for his incredibly awesome and loyal service!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete