Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Well friends, I'm finally home! What was supposed to be a 'few days' visiting family turned into three weeks spread across the whole eastern third of the country (okay, mostly Chicago and Western New York). I rode a night bus, had my first Amtrak experience, and even flew in a plane piloted by my little sister!


I devoured dumplings in Chinatown, checked out the famous Crumbs bakery, and took on a giant cinnamon roll. I hugged sisters, kissed babies, and caught up with friends. It was whirlwind, exhausting...and absolutely amazing!

I know I promised a few updates from the road, but the truth is that I was hardly in one place long enough to write - and somehow, in the midst of all this action-packed excitement, I wound up with a debilitating back injury. It's not the first time my back has played up, but possibly the worst. At times the pain was so bad that I actually lost interest in food - if you can imagine that!

Thankfully, I'm feeling much better now - and I certainly hope some of you are still hanging around, because, boy, do I have a lot of great posts to share. I'll be showcasing a few tasty treats and some newfound travel tips, as well as a few recipes gleaned from the last few weeks. But first, of course, I'd better deliver that pizza I promised - stay tuned for a look at Giordano's: Chicago's Famous Stuffed Pizza!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Missed you! I hope you weren't too far north in western NY, or else I'll be sad that I didn't get to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not - I was just the other side of the PA border. But we'll have to work out a visit next time I go home!! I'd love to see you again, and finally meet Zander!

      Delete